1. I’m new to the anti-fraud and forensic accounting profession. Can I still join the ICFA?
Yes. Whether you’re an experienced anti-fraud professional or new to the field, we invite you to join. ICFA is open to all individuals of high moral character with the requisite professional interest in fraud examination.
2. Where can I get an application for membership?
You can apply directly online, download the application form through our website, or you may contact us.
3. May I pay my membership dues two years at a time?
Yes. Simply note on your invoice that you are paying dues in advance.
4. If I change jobs, does my membership “travel” with me?
Yes. Membership with the ICFA is individual rather than organizational. Since your membership is personal, it is not transferable to someone else within your organization should you leave the profession or your current employer.
5. What is a Certified Forensic Accountant (CrFA®)?
A Certified Forensic Accountant (CrFA®) is a professional who use a unique blend of education and experience to apply accounting, auditing, and investigative skills to uncover truth, form legal opinions, and assist in investigations. They represent the highest standards held by the ICFA and possess expertise in all aspects of the anti-fraud profession.
6. How do I know if I am eligible to become a CrFA®?
Qualifications for becoming a CrFA® include having high moral character and meeting minimum professional and academic requirements.
7. I already hold other certifications. Does this qualify me as a CrFA® as well?
No. The Certified Forensic Accountant (CrFA®) is a unique credential with its own requirements and standards. Your other certifications will be counted as part of the qualifying points system but will not automatically make you a CrFA®.
8. Who sets the standards for CrFA® certification?
The standards are set by the ICFA’s Board of Advisers, who are elected by CrFA® members and drawn from our most experienced members.
9. Is the CrFA® credential acknowledged globally?
Yes. The CrFA® credential is acknowledged globally and preferred by employers. Becoming a CrFA® immediately sets you apart from the competition and launches you to the top of your profession.